The 2012 New England Workshop on Software-Defined Radio (NEWSDR’12) was hosted at the Raytheon Amphitheatre at Northeastern University on Friday 11th May 2012. Organized by several New England-based universities, companies, and government organizations, with Northeastern University taking the lead role this time, NEWSDR’12 provided a forum for the New England SDR community an opportunity to share new ideas and network amongst each other with respect to issues relating to SDR and Cognitive Radios. This event also offered a chance for individuals to present the latest developments in SDR and Cognitive Radio research. The event included:
- Keynote Presentation by Matt Ettus of Ettus Research LLC
- Invited talks from New England SDR community including Northeastern University, WPI, MITRE, National Instruments and The Mathworks
- A Tutorial presentation by The Mathworks
- Poster presentations by New England area students
- Technology demonstrations from The MathWorks, National Instruments, Cooper Union, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, and Northeastern University.
Throughout this event, over 50 individuals attended NEWSDR’12! For more information about this event, check out the Boston SDR User Group website at: http://www.sdr-boston.org/.