The 2019 New England Workshop on Software Defined Radio (NEWSDR’19) is the ninth installment of an annual series of workshops organized by the Boston SDR User Group (SDR-Boston). The goal of these workshops is to provide a forum through which individuals working on SDR-related projects in the New England area can get together in order to collaborate and introduce SDR concepts to those interested in furthering their knowledge of SDR capabilities and available resources. This is event is suitable for both experienced SDR enthusiasts as well as individuals who are interested in getting started with SDR.
Following on the success of these workshops, this year’s NEWSDR event offers a chance for presenting further developments in SDR and Cognitive Radio research. In addition to providing an opportunity for researchers to network and interact on issues relating to SDR and Cognitive Radios, the event will include:
- Keynote Presentations on the latest in SDR
- Poster Presentations with Short “Elevator-Pitch” Oral Presentations
- Technology Demonstrations
- Hands-On Tutorials
- Continental Breakfast / Coffee / Lunch
Thursday 13 June 2019, 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM (afternoon/evening short courses)
Friday 14 June 2019, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (main event)
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 William T Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125
View larger map
Attendance at NEWSDR 2019 is free. However, pre-registration for this event via the registration page website is highly recommended. Note that food is guaranteed to be available to those that preregister for the event. Drop-in registrations are permitted on the day of NEWSDR 2019 but with no guarantee of meals.
To present a poster or a demonstration at NEWSDR 2019, please submit a short abstract by 29 April 2019 via the poster abstract submission page.
- Poster and Demo Abstracts Due: 29 April 2019
- Notification: 6 May 2019
- Pre-Registration Deadline: 3 June 2019
- Event: 13-14 June 2019
Organizing Committee Members:
- Neel Pandeya, Ettus Research LLC
- Michael Rahaim, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Michael Hirsch, Boston University
- Yousof Naderi, Northeastern University
- Alexander Wyglinski, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Interested in sponsoring NEWSDR 2019? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.